Follow me on a National Science Foundation media expedition to the bottom of the World

January 7-14, 2010

Monday, January 25, 2010

South Pole air video and a personal tour of the Pole

During our 24 hours at the South Pole two weeks ago, we toured most of the science projects going on there. I posted a new video interview and blog post for Earth Gauge today, Monitoring the Air at the South Pole, which includes highlights from my conversation with Nick Morgan, station chief at the South Pole Atmospheric Research Observatory (Update, 1/27: Also posted a Q&A on Capital Weather Gang). Check out Dan's new post, Science South of 60: Things About Antarctica That May Surprise You.

I will gradually upload more science content, but I also wanted to give you a personal account of what it was like to land at, stand at and sleep overnight at the Pole. In one word: exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment